Friday, March 4, 2011

Feature Stories and such...

So I want to outline what you will be doing for this feature assignment for class.

The Pitch: Due Tuesday by 5pm via email to me. It should be about two or three sentences long and should tell me what your story is, how you are planning on doing it and what makes it interesting. We will go over them during class on Wednesday.

The story: I am extending the dealing until Wednesday, March 16, 2011 in class. We will have a guest speaker -- the executive editor of The Washington Post -- on Friday, but I hope to get you a rough edit/series of suggestions for your rewrite.

Stories will be approximately 1,000 words, but no longer than 1,200. At least three interviews.

Audio excerpt: You will record at least one of your primary interviews for your story. The following Tuesday, March 22, you will turn in a 1- or 2-minute extended audio clip from your interview.

If you want to read the full story I started today in class, you can check it out here.

See you all Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment